Friday 26 April 2013

Day 66: A Long Drive Ending at the Beginning (of Mieke)

Once again Joel and I awoke early this morning. We, once again, needed to be out of the house before the couch surfer headed of to work.  So we (read me) dragged ourselves out of bed last minute (read Joel got up early and had a shower, I did not).  After a quick farewell to our new friend in Ottawa, we hopped in the car for the 5 hour drive to Toronto!  All in all it was a rather uneventful drive.  We drove, stopped for gas, drove some more, and then before you knew it, voila!  we were in Toronto.

Our first (and truly only) stop for the day was Chipotle!  This was a must and after finding some parking somewhere in the city, which was rather hard and expensive, we headed to the best place in the world to eat food, Chipotle.  And it was worth it!  Their burritos are amazing and I even made up a dance named the Chipotle Dance to honor them.

After lunch we got lost trying to find the residence that belonged to my old next door neighbors   But after driving around for a ten or twenty minutes we did find it!  And it was nice, right on the lake, which looks kinda like the ocean!  Those Great Lakes are big!

We met up with our hosts for the next couple of day, Tante Sue and Oom Allan, who are not really my aunt and uncle, but have literally known me since I was born.  This is because they (as I mentioned) lived in the condo next to where I first spent my time as a person.  My first year was spent in the rooms right next to where I am writing this blog!  For some people that is totally normal, having lived most of their life in one place, but for me that is pretty cool!

So we were brought up to our new house and showed the door which would lead into my former life and the first thing we did was laundry!  Since the last time we did laundry was in Richmond, it was LONG overdue, we seriously needed some clean clothes.

So we were brought to the laundry room and before you knew it we had clean and nice smelly clothes.  And then when we got back to the apartment we were in for a treat because we got fed a delicious and healthy meal! Chicken with Quinoa and salad with mushrooms and nuts.  Yummy!

And then we finished the day with a delicious dessert.  Apple pie and ice cream, what more could you want?  Perfect end to the day, and tomorrow we head into Toronto to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment