Wednesday 3 April 2013

Day 44: Early Morning Sunrise!

Gretchen and I spent some time talking before we went to bed.  That meant that when 4:30 came around this morning I was tired! I dragged myself out of bed and bundled up!  Apparently it was meant to be right around freezing this morning.  Well that meant wool socks and sweatpants as well as a ski jacket.  Gretchen and I headed to the car, while Joel decided to keep sleeping.  Apparently it was too early for him, and after the ten hours he drove the day before yesterday I can't blame him!

So Gretchen and I headed to the boat house.  It was a brand-new picturesque building.  The program was started in 2008 and everything there was amazing.  As it was still dark out everything was black.  After the rowers put on the lights and brought there boats into the water, I joined the coach on his motor boat and sat down to enjoy the show.  We spent about two hours in the water and it was really fun!  At the start, it was really peaceful to just sit back and relax and then it was fun to watch the rowers in the water, and the coach was very willing to tell me all about the sport, and finally we got to watch the sunrise on the water.

After this we headed back to Gretchen's house and I took a cat nap.  Gretchen went on to work.  At about 10: 45, Joel and I met back up with her and went to the Trapeze class that Gretchen is the TA.  It was really cool to sit around and watch all the students learning to do some really cool things.  We then headed back to the house and made lunch.  After lunch we joined Gretchen on a tour of campus.  She is a tour guide and Joel and I, and her roommate, tagged along.  It was really nice to look around campus and see all the young students who are considering ODU.  It definitely made me miss the university, especially my first year in the dorms.  I can't believe that I am already done, and that my official graduation is soon, and my unofficial graduation is over!  How did those four years go by so fast?  I still remember when my mom and I were doing tours of the university!

After a lovely tour we headed back to the grocery for cookie cake and chips.  And then we settled down on the couch and watched movies.  Gretchen took a nap or two, and I worked on this blog.  More talking, lots of laughing, and of course food!  All in all a great night, and tomorrow I get to see my brother again! I am going to miss all this time seeing family and friends, after this it is not much till Calgary!  And that is way down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment