Monday 8 April 2013

Day 48: Final Day in Richmond

Today was a very relaxed day.  We started off with a trip to a farmer's market where Lucas purchased a plethora of yummy and healthy foods.  The plan was that he would make a delicious dinner for us tonight as well as a delicious breakfast.  After spending about two hours at two separate stores, the second was a world market that had lots of yummy Dutch foods and a great wine selection, we got back to Lucas' place to make breakfast.  While he was cooking I headed to another store to buy the ingredients for my famous Whoopie Pies.

We came home to a delicious breakfast of eggs, with ham, cheese, mayo and cillantro on some of the leftover biscuits from the night before.  It was super yummy!  What a great breakfast, if only all our meals looked and tasted like this one!  I am very excited for the dinner tonight!

After some food, I headed back to the gym!  I was not going to miss the oppertunity to use this as much as I could!  I spent about an hour there, and then Joel came and joined me and we worked out some more.  My muscles were definitely feeling it after so much time off!  And since I have seriously gained some weight, I know once I get home I will need to be doing a lot more of this!

After the gym I went back to Lucas' room to make the Whoopie Pies.  And after pouring myself a glass of white wine, I started to bake.  Although the batter turned out a lot thicker than I remember, and although I may have broker Lucas' hand held mixer, the Whoopie Pies turned out amazing!  They were chocolaty with the right amount of sweetness in the middle.  Lots of sugar and marshmellow fluff!  And once again they were a hit with everyone.

After I finished baking Lucas practiced a full physical exam on both Joel and I.  He had a test coming up on that soon in Med School and he needed some practice dummies, turns out he had two staying with him!  All the while his pork chops were marinating in the fridge.  So once he finished with the working he set to work on the cooking.  And what a dinner he made us!  Pork chops, with possibly the best mashed potatoes ever, and then aspargus!  I ate that meal so fast!  He is truly a great chef!

After dinner we decided to break out the hookah and play scrabble.  It was once again a really nice evening of talking and playing games.  And although Lucas and Leslie did win against Joel and I, we played a great game and Joel turned out to be really good....who knew?  I came up with words such as beer and cat.  Not as impressive.  But I had fun nonetheless, and tomorrow we head to Washington and Arlington, home sweet home.....or rather it was....

1 comment: