Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 58: The Last Day in Nova Scotia

We woke up this morning nice and cozy in a bed. It was nice to wake up sprawled out and not squished in the back of a smelly but lovely car. We got to laze about most of the morning as we wanted to get to our next destination at a very specific time.

I went an grabbed hot chocolate with my friend at a cute coffee shop named Tall and Small on the Main Street. It was a really nice cute shop with lots of students studying. The walls were covered with lots of paintings from local artists for sale. I always appreciate little restaurants and cafes that do that.

After coffee I headed back to my friends house where her roommate had made Joel and I waffles. It was definitely a nice treat. So thoughtful of him! Even though he was in the middle of finals!

When we finally left and headed to Truro where we could see the Tidal Bore. It happened at about 6 30 at night. We got to Truro at about 3 o'clock and sat in a McDonalds to use Internet. We hung around and played games on our iPod till 6 o'clock. Then we headed to the location to watch the Tidal Bore. It came out and was less than impressive. We though and expected some thing large, a rushing tide, but no it was a trickle of water that came in. An island of sand slowly got engulfed by the tide that was coming back in.

After the tide we headed to Moncton for dinner. It was going to be a late dinner, but there was a brewery I wanted to try there so it conveniently worked. We got to the Pumphouse at about 8 30 and sat down for dinner. I got a BBQ chicken pizza and Joel a burger. But the real reason for our visit was that I had a beer tasting tray. It had 10 different beers. Everything form stout to ale and my favorite which was blueberry beer. It was fun to taste them all, although I didn't know anything about the differences. It all tasted like beer to me!

After all that deliciousness we headed to Walmart to sleep! Tomorrow we head to the Bay of Fundy and North New Brunswick.

No comments:

Post a Comment