Wednesday 14 May 2014

Margaret River Adventure

As it is one of my final days in Western Australia, because my GIANT adventure is about to start and I can't wait, Joel and I headed down to Margaret River to spend the day exploring this popular tourist destination.  It was definitely tons of fun!  We spent the day at the beach, drinking wine and beer, and enjoying lots of free chocolate and candy!  Overall a pretty awesome day!

We started by stopping at the Margaret River information center.  Which was definitely an amazing information center.  It had everything, including information about the wine and wineries in the region.  It even had a very nice little smelling center which was something I had tried in New Zealand with my mother.  Trying to figure out exactly which smells would be present in wine.  Once again I was not very successful with this, but it was tons of fun!

We then headed down the main street and looked into some of the cute stores and restaurants that were there.  As well as some very adorable hotels and B and B's. Wish we could have stayed in one of those!!! During this walk our two main stops were Ye Olde Lolly Shoppe, for free candy samples, and Margaret River Fudge Factory, again for free fudge samples.  Both were delicious, and we also found our lunch spot Morries, which we would head back to after the beach!

We then hopped back into the car and drove to the coast, there we visited two beaches, Prevelly and Gnarabup.  Both pretty amazing!  The waves at these beaches were crazy!  Very high, I can see why surfing is such a big thing here!
Beautiful Landscape!
Exploring the Ocean in Our Canadian Cowboy Boots
Enjoying the Ocean Breeze!

After the beach we headed to Leeuwin Estates, one of the largest wineries in the area. We stopped here and took a look at all the grapes and of course had a great time tasting wines!




The Fall Colours Really Starting to Show!

Really Great Vines!
 After the Estates we headed to Lunch at a really cool place names Morries Anytime!  We had finger style foods.  Very delicious!  Three Sliders and of course, my favorite, PORK BELLY!

Seriously Could NOT Stop Eating This!
 After Lunch we headed back to Busselton, but stopped several times on our way up!  The first stop was in Cowaramup, which is locally known as COW Town.  This is clear by the enormous amount of cows every where!  In the park, in the stores, you name it and there was a cow nearby!  Here we stopped at the Candy Cow and did some more fudge tasting! Delicious :)!

After the Candy Cow we headed to the Cheeky Monkey Brewery because I thought is was the Cheeky Rascal which is one of my favorite Ciders!  Unfortunately it is no the same..... But nonetheless I had a delicious time trying there light beers and ciders.  And of course we sat in the sun and soaked up some of the sunshine will enjoying the amazing view!

Some of the Delicious Beers I tried!

The View from Where I Drank My Beers!!

Enjoying the Weather
Our last stop before we headed home was at the Margaret River Chocolate Factory.  We stopped and took a look around.  But mostly we stopped for the free chocolate!  Which was delicious and plentiful!  What a great day we had, plenty of food and drinks!  And Great Scenery!  Would definitely recommend heading down to Margaret River if you get a chance!!  And tomorrow I am off to start my Australia Adventure and then ASIA!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment