Monday 19 May 2014

The Cairns Rain forest

My first stop in Australia is Cairns.  I am staying at an amazing hostel called Gilligan's. I checked in early on Friday and spent the day wondering around Cairns. 
This is the Famous Lagoon!
 The next couple days I spent lots of time making friends and exploring the city.  This involved yummy dinners and lots of dancing.  Unfortunately it has been raining lots here so our exploring has been minimal.  But on Sunday the weather cleared up and me and three Israelis and I headed off to the famous waterfalls in the rain forests around Cairns.
Some of the Great Vines

A Fun Waterslide Made By Nature 

The Current was So STRONG!
 After spending some time in the water we headed to another waterfall, but by that time it was raining again and it was getting late.  We headed back to Cairns, a little cold and wet, but very satisfied with how great the day was!  And the drive back was really amazing, through mountains roads and in the rain forest.  the next couple days I have spent getting everything in order for my big Asia trip and tomorrow I am heading to the Great Barrier Reef. And then the day after I fly to Alice Springs!  So far this trip was been great and I can't wait for it to keep going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment