Thursday 15 May 2014

Last Day in Perth WA

It has finally arrived, my last day in WA.  Pretty crazy how quick everything went!  And then I am heading off for my big trip which is going to be just as exciting!

Joel and I drove up from Busselton in the morning and made it back to Perth around noon.  We stopped in the city and took a last look around, stopping at all our favorite places.  Saying goodbye to everything and everyone!

Then we headed to Scarborough, somewhere I was meaning to go for a VERY long time, but never actually made it.  Well I guess it is never too late!  We made it in time for the best lighting of the day!
We started by walking around the beach and admiring the view!

Sun Finally Peaking Through the Clouds

Lots of Surfers Hitting the Waves 

The More the Sun Poked Through the more Amazing it Looked
 Then we walked around the town a little looking at all the restaurants and trying to decide where we were going to eat.  We started at a small little restaurant called the Wild Fig, we were looking for some entrees or tapas.  But found nothing that we really wanted so instead we decided on a Apple Pie, warm and topped with ice cream for me, and Cheesecake for Joel.  Although we did both share each the pie was more delicious!  After our entrees we headed to the beach for the sunset.  I LOVE a good sunset.  And thoroughly enjoy taking pictures.
The Sunset 

Surfer Getting Ready to Hit the Waves

Two Surfers Done for the Night

Seagull Watching the Surfers
 After the sunset we headed to dinner at The Local Shack.  We both had burgers, which were delicious!  And I had a mojito, something I haven't had in a LONG time, but was super yummy!  After dinner we decided to head to King's Park to get a final look at the city and say my goodbyes!

War Memorial at Kings Park

The Cars Zooming By (I ALWAYS Wanted to Take this Picture)

My Final Look at My New and Now Old Home!

After a farewell we headed to the airport and now I am off to Cairns!  Wish me sunshine and luck at the Great Barrier Reef!

No comments:

Post a Comment