Sunday 17 February 2013

One More Day

So the day had finally come where the road trip has become something real, no longer a dream dancing in my head, but a concrete concept that is slowly becoming concrete. The car we needed has been bough... A 2008 Chevy Uplander. Back seats have been removed, in case we end up sleeping in the back of the car, bags are mostly packed, although I am sure I will sneak some non-essential clothing in at the last minute, and a grocery trip had been made. Tomorrow is the last day before we head out on this amazing adventure! One final day in Vancouver and then off to travel the world... Or you know... North America :) our first stop across the border will be shopping for supplies and filling up on gas :) thank god for cheap American prices and lower taxes! That sure is one thing I won't miss in Vancouver.

So the plan for tomorrow is a final parking and double checking, making sure all the important stuff is coming with, a final goodbye dinner with my parents and the last night sleep in my nice cozy bed. Did I mention several hot showers with great water pressure? Who knows when I will be getting that again? And of course lots of snuggling with my dog who I am truly going to miss. One final day left between me and what seems to be the start of the greatest adventure I have yet to embark upon.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment